Doesn't poetry save lives?

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Vexations & largesse: diary of a hypocrite ~

I have decided that 
I don't like her. 
All my dealings henceforth
will be of sheer hypocrisy.
I will smile with elan 
and wish her with warmth, 
whilst thinking of her 
as that necessary pain:
alas, I will be a worse person 
because of her.

But it gives me a mull 
and a cause for pause:
are such people tests 
to search for decent response,
or merely life's directive 
to search for good in disaster;
merely means to perspective -
of bad which could be worse,
or are they people with stories 
of life lessons we should hear?

I will then meet her with sincerity,
step aside after the first flush,
I will admire her considerable talents,
and bypass her nature.
The wise have rightly said -
avoid what's vexatious to the soul.
I will do my sitting mediation
as she holds forth,
be right in my behavior
revel in the largesse of my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment