Doesn't poetry save lives?

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The way of all flesh ~

And she, 
a poet in everything 
(except words),
traced a silk road 
on my chest with her legs,
and said -
There's nothing worth reading
except about love,
there's nothing worth doing
except make love. 
What is your mood tonight,
to do or to talk?

He found a mole 
somewhere up her thighs,
where shadows 
had begun to fall, 
and said -
Let's make love with words,
and see where it leads:
why dwell in one world,
when there's adventure in two. 

Her smile was langour,
and felt like smoky halls
&  mothy nooks-
Your words give me a high
but your body is my soul:
you enter me
and make me a mistress of zen.
I'm a creature of my skin
and your body makes me whole.
Maybe the way of all flesh 
is perdition,
but the way leads 
through nirvana.

So be my Jesus tonight,
read your sermon to me,
and then have me crucified:
be my cross, my love, and 
let my blood not go waste.
Don't believe them who say 
you have sold your soul 
to the devil -
know, it's treasured,
know, it is rendered pure,
every night with me,
every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment